Monday, June 8, 2009

The Swine Flu

Many of you may have seen the news...here's what I know:
1. There have been two confirmed cases in the Zamalek dorms (downtown Cairo housing). Zamalek is currently under quarantine.
2. The Ministry of Health has mandated classes to be postponed until next Sunday, June 14.
3. We were required to be tested at the clinic today, though do not know the results.
4. I feel fine. Please do not worry about me.
5. We have been cleared to leave, if we wish.

So...a group of us is probably going to Alexandria. We will most likely not have internet access, as we'll be "bumming it." I will be in a large group; there are fairly fluent speakers with us. I will try and give you details, but don't panic if you don't hear from me for a while.

4 comments:

  1. :-( so what does this mean for Arabic credits?

    But... have fun in Alexandria! Talk with lots of people :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll make them up...they're not quite sure how, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy, little girl! (And wash your hands a lot)

    Love you sooooooooooooooooooooo much!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    kjf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really surprised to learn that they will let you leave town.

    Yes, wash your hands!!! That is my favorite rant even when all are healthy.

    And DO stick with your group, please!
    XOXOXOXO
    Granna

    ReplyDelete