Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Flight

I flew from Chicago O'Hare to London Heathrow. They served dinner (at 11 pm - 10 pm starting time) and a light breakfast. I watched "He's Just Not That Into You" and "The Pink Panther 2" via my personal entertainment system, reviewed some Arabic, read a bit, and slept a bit.
I had six hours in London - enough time to be thoroughly annoyed in the airport, unable to plug in my laptop without a converter, but too short to go out and explore England. Flying in was fun, though.
The flight from London to Cairo took off at 6 pm London time and arrived in Cairo 12:40 am Cairo time. Watched "Last Chance Harvey" on that leg of the journey and had a really good chicken dinner with chocolate mouse cake.
I met a few girls coming off that flight who are Arabic Language Institute students. We didn't know each other on the flight, but got to know each other fairly well on the bus ride over and got settled in.

2 comments:

  1. of course you watched those movies.... (sigh)(this is Megan btw :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were cute, you happy movie hater!

    ReplyDelete