Sunday, June 7, 2009

ALI Cultural Activities

Cultural Activities that will be through ALI for the rest of the summer:

Saturday, June 13: Saqqara and Memphis (Step Pyramid of Zozer, tomb of Meriruka, Pyramid of Teti)

Saturday, June 20: The Egyptian Museum (!!!)

Thursday, June 25-Sunday, June 28: St. Catherine & Sharm El Sheikh. This trip is mostly a resort...but it's also a sweet climb up Jabal Moussa...also known as Mount Sinai. This one is 750 pounds ($150), but I've got to do Sinai.

Saturday, July 4: Mosque of Al-Azhar, Wekala Bazaraa, Bab il-Futuh and Khan el-Khalili. This is what I did with Residence Life plus a bit more. The cost is included, so I'll certainly go.

Friday, July 10-Monday, July 13: Luxor and Aswan Trip. It's a $400 cruise, but includes a plane ticket down there, food for the weekend, and other fun stuff. Anyone want to know what I'd like for my birthday?

Saturday, July 18: Tour of Coptic Museum and the Old Cairo Area. Again, similar to what we did with Residence Halls, but with some extra stuff.

2 comments:

  1. You are getting to do it ALL as part of your originally planned time. Whatever will you do with that extra week? Of course, you will move into the Egyptian Museum!
    Yes you DO have to do SInai, but probably shouldn't call it that. AND the Luxor thing. It will be good to be part of a familiar group instead of on your own. I will send you $200 for your birthday to help with them.

    granna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Granna! Greatly appreciated. (You don't need to mail me cash...I can get it when I come back. I have a friend who is able to easily draw cash, so I'll write him a check and get cash from him. Easier and safer than trying to get cash through the mail...)

    ReplyDelete