Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Class Saga

So...there has been quite the drama going on figuring out what exactly I'm doing.
I thought I was being placed in a class that started in chapter 4 of Al-Kitaab 2. This gave me the grammar and vocabulary of Al-Kitaab 1 Chapters 14-20 and Al-Kitaab 2 Chapters 1-3 to learn and memorize in forty-eight hours. I was getting to the point today when I felt really comfortable doing that.
Then...I get an email from my new prof. "Please read x and y pages of Chapter 5 and complete Exercise 11 for tomorrow's class." So now I have to catch up on Chapter 4, and get this homework done. This was around 3 pm today. I was getting there...I went to dinner with the kids, because I needed a bit of a break and some actual food. I came home, expecting to have a long night (because Exercise 11 is a long translation and paragraph writing thing). And I had marvelous emails!
One from my professor: Sorry; I meant x and y pages in Chapter 4 (I had emailed him inquiring).
One from Dalal, the summer program director: Several of you have asked to start in Chapter 1. Would you like to do this?
Another from my prof: Never mind; don't do anything until I see you tomorrow.
So I don't have a freakishly long night, and I think I'm actually going to be in a very happy place this summer!! Happy Becca!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps this is the true meaning of the word "circus," just that I can't tell for certain if clowns are involved here

    ~Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything's a circus in Egypt...everything.

    ReplyDelete