Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Extra Week

For those of you who don't know, I have a bit less than a week after classes end to "bum around Egypt." I was originally planning to go to Luxor. I am now doing that with the Institute, though, and getting there on my own would be a bit nerve-wracking. What am I doing instead? Well...lucky bum that I am, I have a friend whose father teaches at this university. She goes to Columbia but is doing ALI this summer so she is better able to visit her parents over here. Her parents have a house...and an extra bedroom...
So I will be staying in Cairo for essentially nothing, and Hillary and I will be having a blast climbing in all of the pyramids, living in the Museum, and generally loving life.

2 comments:

  1. You do manage to luck out, don't you, girl? I am quite relieved that you will not be doing solo roaming in an unfamiliar place. It will be more fun to have a companion to share the adventures, too.

    granna

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of the students are staying an extra week, so even if Hillary's house doesn't work out, I'll be able to team up with someone.

    ReplyDelete