Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Bedouin Night" was a bit misleading, as far as name goes. The RAs were under the impression that we were having a fairly long horse and/or camel back ride into the desert, learning about Bedouin culture, and eating some traditional food. Instead, we were at more of a resort type of thing. They did quite a bit of traditional dancing for us. People got to get on a horse or camel and be led around the pasture. I got on a horse; the saddle was much different, and I got to trot a bit. So that was lots of fun. I finagled my way onto a camel as well...and ended up going three times. Towards the end, there were a few boys who wanted to go. Everyone was doubling up. And boys did not want to go in the front, given the saddle construction. So I went several times, in order to be helpful. Let me tell you, it was quite the sacrifice. Getting up and down was the best part. Pictures of me on the camel are on other people's cameras, so you'll have to wait a bit for them.


Sunset and the pyramids, anyone?



Ooh...bird in flight.




Oh, the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment