Monday, June 15, 2009

First Full Day

I had my first full day of classes today. And it was full, to say the least. Due to our missed week of class, all hours have been extended and breaks shortened. Our professors use very little English, which is a great teaching philosophy. But eight and a half hours, essentially straight, with minimal English is exhausting. And now I get to play to homework and catch-up on vocabulary game! Yay!
It was a lot of fun, though. I love all my teachers (surprise, surprise). Had the Qur'an elective today - that's going to be a really nice, easy-going class that I'm really interested in.
There are other people in the class who have not started Book 2 either...our professor is going to kind of be throwing everything together. He plans on getting us through the book. If this happens, I will be more than set for equivalency at MSU.

2 comments:

  1. At the Army Language school it was 6 classes a day of 55 minutes each with a 5 minute break between classes and that seemed more than enough. First hour was repeating the 40 lines of dialogue with a lot of new words we'd memorized for homework. Second hour was grammar. Then the rest of the day was not that well structured. We'd listen to the teachers tell stories or tell our own--I was particularly big on fairy tales which all had equivalents in Russian. Uncle Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. We have scheduled classes, but we're not really told what we'll be doing in all the classes. You learn to go with the flow, though.

    ReplyDelete