Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Night at the Museum 2"

Classes ended at 1:15 today (since I don't have an elective on Sundays and Thursdays and have decided against electives). A group of friends and I went to the mall to see a movie, as the homework load was fairly light.
Firstly, it's a cute movie. I loved the first one; the second is also adorable.
Secondly, in regards to movies in Egypt - we were at a fairly Westernized mall, so the movie theater quality was pretty good. The seats were not what they are in "Celebration," but they were pretty good. There was - I kid you not - an intermission. The movie suddenly stopped and the lights turned on. It was fascinating.
There were subtitles in Arabic. The ads beforehand were Arabic commercials followed by Western movie previews.
Everything here is a cultural experience, even the Western stuff! It was a lot of fun.

Tomorrow for my Vocab class, we're discussing religious groups in the Middle East. I'm really excited and got incredibly geeked about my research tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment